Solar Power Developers Association (SPDA) is a national association representing India’s upcoming solar power generators and developers. With increasing focus on solar energy generation, the independent organisation is working to create an environment conducive for the development of this nascent sector and promote solar energy as the solution for India’s energy security needs.
Through its work SPDA effectively communicates the voices of its members in the Indian market. Our initiatives are focused on policy, strategic, financial, legal, regulatory and technical issues in the energy sectors.
- Coordinates policy evolution, research & trend analysis and healthier investment climate to help meet the needs of its members.
- Bring together necessary stakeholders – national and state governments & agencies, financial institutions, regulators, international agencies, think-tanks & other influencers for collaborating on challenges that may impede the progress of the solar sector and promoting deeper understanding of issues for a proactive framework of future growth and development. The recommendations of SPDA are forwarded to concerned policy makers for their consideration and necessary action in the state as well as central government respectively.
- Keeps track of the latest emerging policy & regulatory trends that offer a unique and valuable input to ensure success in this volatile market where policy changes and political uncertainty impinge on the success of project development continually.
- Disseminates information on the complex issues of tax, regulatory processes and policy, as they change from time to time.
- Organises discussion forums and roundtable to invite stakeholders from government & financial institutions, and regulatory bodies to help create a process of regular exchange of ideas & concerns and work as the strategic change agent for the industry.